FAMILY LAW CLERKThe Ross Firm – serving Ontario – We bring sophisticated technology to keep your costs down, stay on top of the law, and make sure you’re informed throughout your case. Excellence + Value is what we do. The Ross Firm has offices located in Goderich, Stratford and Kincardine.
We are looking for a Family Law Clerk to join our Family Law Team. We currently have 3 Family Law Lawyers that the ideal candidate will be working closely with. The ideal candidate will have at least 5+ years of previous experience working with family law, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Work closely with Family Law Lawyers, clerks and administrative team
- Responsible for day to day management of family law files assigned by supervising lawyer
- Draft pleadings, Affidavits, motions, conference briefs, Financial Statements, Net Family Property Statements and any other documents as instructed by the lawyers.
- Draft correspondence to clients, opposing counsel, courts and other parties
- Communicate by telephone, correspondence and e-mail communication between clients, courts, opposing counsel and other parties
- Compile complex financial statements and net family property statements, including review and analysis of corporate financial statements and business evaluations, as well as complex farm properties
- Maintain daily task list for all client files
- Docket time spent on files
- Any other tasks assigned
- Manage e-files for clients
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience within the Family Law practice area
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, with an emphasis on excellence to our clients
- Relevant post-secondary education (University Degree or Law Clerk Diploma)
- Extensive knowledge of DivorceMate, Microsoft Office and Nuance
- Thorough knowledge of Family Law rules, legal procedures and statutes
- Highly organized and able to multi-task and prioritize appropriately.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent Experience: Family Law: 5 years (Required)