The Ross Firm practice covers southwestern Ontario and beyond, including our six in Goderich, Stratford, Kincardine, Port Elgin, Owen Sound and Walkerton. The Ross Firm brings sophisticated technology to keep your costs down, stay on top of the law, and make sure you’re informed throughout your case. Excellence + Value is what we do. Our clients benefit from our integrated team approach, which enables us to deal comprehensively with issues that touch on different areas of the law.
We are seeking a tech savvy and highly motivated Senior Bookkeeper/ Accountant to join our team. We run a paperless, cloud-based practice. The successful candidate can work out of our Goderich office and/or work remotely. They will also have at least four years of accounting experience and be able to work independently.
What you can expect:
The Ross Firm values excellence, objectivity and value. We have implemented a 4-day work week as well as a defined benefit pension plan. These programs complement our existing benefit coverage and fitness contribution plans. Remuneration will account for experience.
Be part of a company where your primary duties will include:
- Manage, maintain and keep accurate financial records;
- Conduct day-to-day accounting transactions;
- Account reconciliation and analysis;
- Process cheques, e-transfers, credit card payments, accounts payable, and payroll;
- Prepare financial projections and monitoring results;
- Be the main point of contact and manage the relationship with the bank, insurance, accounting firm and other suppliers as needed;
- Review and monitor annual budget;
- Prepare reports including but not limited to cash flow, year-end, MAR, costing, financial results, variance, key metrics and special reports as needed; and
- Conduct real estate banking.
Consider joining our team if you have:
- A minimum four years of accounting experience;
- Strong accounting knowledge and skills obtained through experience and/or designation;
- Experience working with QuickBooks online and Clio, considered beneficial;
- Knowledge of compliance reporting within a law firm, considered beneficial;
- Strong computer skills;
- Critical thinking skills and flexibility to adapt quickly to change.
How to apply:
Interested candidates with a desire to live and work in a rural environment with a dynamic team, participate in a 21st century practice, and be a key member of the team should apply in confidence with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
We are dedicated to maintaining a respectful, fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants. If accommodation is required during the selection or interview process it will be available upon request. This job posting is available in an accessible format upon request.