We are seeking a tech savvy, highly motivated, articulate, team-oriented clerk to join our real estate team. The Ross Firm runs a paperless, cloud-based practice. Our real estate team handles commercial and residential real estate. The practice covers southwestern Ontario and beyond, including our five offices in Goderich, Stratford, Kincardine, Port Elgin and Owen Sound (opening June, 2021). The successful candidate will be located in Grey County to work out of our Owen Sound office and have at least 5 years of practice specific experience and be able to work with minimal supervision. They will have proven client management skills, strong analytical, communication, and drafting skills, an entrepreneurial attitude, and a love of technology and innovation.
- Work closely with the lawyers, clerks and administrative professionals with carriage of each file.
- Effectively participate on the team to provide excellent service to clients.
- Communicate by telephone and e-mail with clients, opposing counsel, real estate agents, banks, mortgage brokers and other parties as required and or instructed.
- Operate seamlessly with technology and practice software, including, but not limited to Unity, CLIO, Net Documents, Microsoft Office, Fox-It, and Adobe.
- Maintain daily task list for all client files.
- Any other tasks as assigned.
The Ross Firm values our professional staff. We have implemented a 4-day work week as well as a defined benefit pension plan. These programs complement our existing benefit coverage and fitness contribution plans. We are flexible and have work from home options when required and at least one day each week. Remuneration will account for experience.
Interested candidates with a desire to live and work in a rural environment with a dynamic team, participate in a 21st century practice, and be a key member of a dynamic team should apply in confidence with a cover letter and resume through our website at email@example.com. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.