We are seeking a tech savvy, highly motivated, articulate, team-oriented legal assistant/receptionist to join our team. The Ross Firm runs a paperless, cloud-based practice. The practice covers southwestern Ontario and beyond, including our six offices in Goderich, Stratford, Kincardine, Port Elgin, Owen Sound and Walkerton. The successful candidate will be located in Grey County to work out of our Owen Sound office and have at least 2 years of legal assistant/reception experience and be able to work with minimal supervision. The successful candidate will have experience working in criminal law and/or civil litigation. They will have proven client management skills, strong analytical, communication, and drafting skills, an entrepreneurial attitude, and a love of technology and innovation.
- Reception/office coverage
- Answering phones
- Greeting clients
- Witnessing will signings
- Delivering/picking up mail
- Setting up courier and picking up/dropping off same
- Doing bank runs (sometimes travel to other towns required)
- Scanning documents
- Taking payments
- Intake and ID verification
- Opening files
- Closing files
- COVID screening and sanitizing
- Coordinating office ordering with Office Manager
- Assisting with the day-to-day work on criminal and/or civil litigation files
- Managing lawyer/paralegal calendars with respect to court dates and client meetings
- Assisting with any court documents, filing, serving as required
- Any other tasks as requested by management, lawyers, paralegals or support staff.
The Ross Firm values our professional staff. We have implemented a 4-day work week as well as a defined benefit pension plan. These programs complement our existing benefit coverage and fitness contribution plans. Remuneration will account for experience.
Interested candidates with a desire to live and work in a rural environment with a dynamic team, participate in a 21st century practice, and be a key member of a dynamic team should apply in confidence with a cover letter and resume through our website at email@example.com. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.