We are seeking a tech savvy, highly motivated, articulate, team-oriented HR Generalist to join our Team. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of previous experience working in an HR department and be able to work with less direct supervision. Our firm has six offices in Goderich, Stratford, Kincardine, Port Elgin, Owen Sound and Walkerton. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, administration expertise, HR experience, be able to prioritize effectively, and have exceptional coaching skills.
- Job postings
- Job descriptions
- Arranging interviews
- Attending and performing interviews
- Reference checks
- Employment Contracts
- Training plans
- Ongoing Mentoring management
- Website updates
- Daily point of contact for attendance
- Weekly schedule
- Payroll administration, reconciliation, and reporting
- Pension administration, reconciliation, and reporting
- Vacation and leave administration and point of contact and reporting
- Student program:
- High school coop
- College coop
- University Coop
- Law Student
- Articling Student
- Incentive Programs – Employee of the Week/Month
- Taco program
- Employee Well-Being Check Ins
- Employee Performance Reviews
- Recommendations for Employee Raises/Bonuses – working with FMG for budgets
- Plans for Success
- Hiring/Firing Plans
- Benefit administration, reconciliation, and reporting
- Maintaining and managing the HRIS system
- Managing the OH&S committee
- Working with JMM on CPDs and Employee training
- Implementing a Job Fair Program with high schools, colleges, universities and law schools.
- Updating and improving HR policies and procedures
- Providing back up to the Director of Firm Operations and Administration Team.
- Any other tasks as requested by the Director of Firm Operations or Executive Team
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience within Human Resources
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Relevant post-secondary education (University Degree or College Diploma)
- Extensive knowledge of HRIS systems and HR compliances
- Highly organized and able to multi-task and prioritize appropriately.
The Ross Firm values our professional staff. We have implemented a 4-day work week as well as a defined benefit pension plan. These programs complement our existing benefit coverage and fitness contribution plans. The Ross Firm offers a hybrid work schedule, with a work from home option one day per week, or more if needed. Remuneration will account for experience.
Interested candidates with a desire to live and work in a rural environment with a dynamic team, participate in a 21st century practice, and be a key member of a positive team should apply in confidence with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.