We are seeking a tech savvy, highly motivated, articulate, team-oriented Family Law Clerk to join our Family Law Team. The Ross Firm runs a paperless, cloud-based practice. We currently have 5 Family Law Lawyers that the ideal candidate will be working closely with. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of previous experience working with family law and be able to work with less direct supervision. Our family law teams cover southwestern Ontario and beyond, including our six offices in Goderich, Stratford, Kincardine, Port Elgin, Owen Sound and Walkerton. The successful candidate will have proven client management skills, strong analytical, communication, and drafting skills, an entrepreneurial attitude, and a love of technology and innovation.
- Work closely with Family Law Lawyers, clerks, and administrative team
- Responsible for day-to-day management of family law files assigned by supervising lawyer
- Draft pleadings, Affidavits, motions, conference briefs, Financial Statements, Net Family Property Statements, and any other documents as instructed by the lawyers.
- Draft correspondence to clients, opposing counsel, courts, and other parties
- Communicate by telephone, correspondence and e-mail communication between clients, courts, opposing counsel and other parties
- Compile complex financial statements and net family property statements, including review and analysis of corporate financial statements and business evaluations, as well as complex farm properties
- Maintain daily task list for all client files
- Docket time spent on files
- Extensive knowledge of Divorce Mate, Microsoft Office Suite, Clio or equivalent billing of client management software, Nuance, and Adobe
- Any other tasks assigned
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience within the Family Law practice area
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, with an emphasis on excellence to our clients
- Relevant post-secondary education (University Degree or Law Clerk Diploma)
- Extensive knowledge of Divorce Mate, Microsoft Office, and Nuance
- Thorough knowledge of Family Law rules, legal procedures, and statutes
- Highly organized and able to multi-task and prioritize appropriately.
The Ross Firm values our professional staff. We have implemented a 4-day work week as well as a defined benefit pension plan. These programs complement our existing benefit coverage and fitness contribution plans. The Ross Firm offers a hybrid work schedule, with a work from home option one day per week, or more if needed. Remuneration will account for experience.
Interested candidates with a desire to live and work in a rural environment with a dynamic team, participate in a 21st century practice, and be a key member of a positive team should apply in confidence with a cover letter and resume through our website at firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.