We are seeking a tech savvy, highly motivated, articulate, team-oriented clerk to join our family law team. The Ross Firm runs a paperless, cloud-based practice. Our family law team handles complex property matters, including farm files and corporate files, as well as custody and access matters, support claims, marriage and cohabitation agreements, adoptions, and child protection work. The family law team covers southwestern Ontario and beyond, including our four offices in Goderich, Stratford, Kincardine, Port Elgin, Owen Sound and Walkerton.
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years of practice specific experience and be able to work with minimal supervision. They will have proven client management skills, strong analytical, communication, and drafting skills, an entrepreneurial attitude, and a love of technology and innovation.
- Work closely with the lawyers, clerks and administrative professionals with carriage of each file.
- Effectively participate on the team to provide excellent service to clients.
- Draft pleadings, including applications, answers, and reply, drafting affidavits, motions, conference briefs, requests to admit, and any other documents as instructed.
- Draft correspondence to clients, opposing counsel, courts, and other parties as required and or instructed.
- Communicate by telephone and e-mail with clients, courts, opposing counsel, and other parties as required and or instructed.
- Compile complex financial statements and net family property statements, including review and analysis of corporate financial statements and business evaluations, as well as complex farm properties.
- Operate seamlessly with technology and practice software, including, but not limited to CLIO, Divorcemate, Microsoft Office, Nuance, and Adobe.
- Demonstrate domain knowledge, and specific familiarity with the Family Law Rules, procedure, relevant legislation, and significant cases in your day to day work.
- Maintain daily task list for all client files and docket your time.
- Any other tasks as assigned.
The Ross Firm values our professional staff. We have implemented a 4-day work week as well as a defined benefit pension plan. These programs complement our existing benefit coverage and fitness contribution plans. We are flexible and have work from home options when required and at least one day each week. Remuneration will account for experience.
Interested candidates with a desire to live and work in a rural environment with a dynamic team, participate in a 21st century practice, and be a key member of a dynamic team should apply in confidence with a cover letter and resume through our website at email@example.com. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted