We are seeking a tech savvy, highly motivated, articulate, team-oriented Family Law Administration Clerk to join our growing Family Law Team. The Ross Firm runs a paperless, cloud-based practice. We currently have 5 family lawyers with a compliment of 10 existing team members that the successful candidate will be working closely with. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years experience working in family law and be able to work with less direct supervision. Our family law teams cover southwestern Ontario and beyond, including our six offices in Goderich, Stratford, Kincardine, Port Elgin, Owen Sound and Walkerton but our reach is province wide. The successful candidate will have proven client management skills, strong analytical, communication, and drafting skills, an entrepreneurial attitude, and a love of technology and innovation.
- Work closely with family law lawyers, clerks, and administrative team
- Responsible for day-to-day administration of family law files assigned by supervising lawyer
- Draft orders, consents and any other documents as instructed by the lawyers
- Draft correspondence to clients, opposing counsel, courts, and other parties
- Communicate by phone, and e-mail with clients, courts, opposing counsel and other parties
- Digitally compile documents, serve, and file online, and maintain digital client files
- Maintain daily digital task list for all client files
- Preserve, manage, separate, and organize large volumes of electronic documents in a very shortened time frame
- Docket time spent on files contemporaneously with work being done
- Any other tasks assigned
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in Family Law
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, with an emphasis on excellence to our clients
- Relevant post-secondary education (University Degree or Law Clerk Diploma)
- Extensive knowledge of DivorceMate, Microsoft Office Suite, Clio or equivalent billing/client management software, Nuance, CaseLines, One Key and Adobe
- Thorough knowledge of Family Law Rules, legal procedures, and statutes
- Highly organized and able to multi-task and prioritize appropriately
The Ross Firm values our professional staff. We have implemented a 4-day work week as well as a defined benefit pension plan. These programs complement our existing benefit coverage and fitness contribution plans. The Ross Firm offers a hybrid work schedule, with a work from home option one day per week, or more if needed. Remuneration will account for experience.
Interested candidates with a desire to live and work in a rural environment with a dynamic team, participate in a 21st century practice, and be a key member of a positive team should apply in confidence with a cover letter and resume through our website at firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.