We are seeking a tech savvy, highly motivated, articulate, team-oriented clerk to join our corporate law team. The Ross Firm runs a paperless, cloud-based practice. Our corporate team handles incorporations, amendments, and managing ongoing corporate maintenance of all our corporate clients. The practice covers southwestern Ontario and beyond, including our six offices in Goderich, Stratford, Kincardine, Port Elgin, Owen Sound and Walkerton. The successful candidate will have at least 5 years of practice specific experience and be able to work with minimal supervision. They will have proven client management skills, strong analytical, communication, and drafting skills, an entrepreneurial attitude, and a love of technology and innovation.
- Work closely with the lawyers, clerks and administrative professionals with carriage of each file.
- Effectively participate on the team to provide excellent service to clients.
- Communicate by telephone and e-mail with clients, opposing counsel, corporate agents, and other parties as required and or instructed.
- Complete all substantive information gathering, drafting and participate in the management of corporate/commercial projects/closings
- Operate seamlessly with technology and practice software, including, but not limited to Unity, CLIO, Net Documents, Microsoft Office, Fox-It, and Adobe.
- Maintain daily task list for all client files.
- Any other tasks as assigned.
The Ross Firm values our professional staff. We have implemented a 4-day work week as well as a defined benefit pension plan. These programs complement our existing benefit coverage and fitness contribution plans. We are flexible and have work from home options when required and at least one day each week. Remuneration will account for experience.
Interested candidates with a desire to live and work in a rural environment with a dynamic team, participate in a 21st century practice, and be a key member of a dynamic team should apply in confidence with a cover letter and resume through our website at firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.