We are seeking a tech savvy, highly motivated, articulate, team-oriented paralegal to join our civil law and criminal teams. The Ross Firm runs a paperless, cloud-based practice. Our civil litigation and criminal teams handle a wide variety of matters and covers southwestern Ontario and beyond, including our six offices in Goderich, Stratford, Kincardine, Port Elgin, Owen Sound and Walkerton. The successful candidate will have 5 years of experience in Small Claims Court, Landlord Tenant Board, Provincial Offences, and Criminal and be able to work with minimal supervision. Provincial Prosecution experience is an asset. The successful candidate will have proven client management skills, strong analytical, communication, and drafting skills, an entrepreneurial attitude, and a love of technology and innovation. Primary Duties:
- Work closely with the licensees, clerks and administrative professionals with carriage of each file.
- Effectively participate on the team to provide excellent service to clients.
- Draft pleadings, including statements of claim, applications, defences, affidavit of documents, motion records, affidavits, orders, and any other documents as instructed.
- Draft correspondence to clients, opposing counsel, courts, and other parties as required and or instructed.
- Communicate by telephone and e-mail with clients, courts, opposing counsel, and other parties as required and or instructed.
- Operate seamlessly with technology and practice software, including, CLIO, ACL, Net Documents, Wise Time, Microsoft Office, Nuance/Kofax, and Adobe.
- Demonstrate domain knowledge, and specific familiarity with the Rules of Civil Procedure, relevant legislation, and significant cases in your day to day work.
- Maintain daily task list for all client files and docket your time.
- Any other tasks as assigned.
The Ross Firm values our professional staff. We have implemented a 4-day work week as well as a defined benefit pension plan. These programs complement our existing benefit coverage and fitness contribution plans. We are flexible and have work from home options when required and at least one day each week. Remuneration will account for experience and your book of business. Interested candidates with a desire to live and work in a rural environment with a dynamic team, participate in a 21st century practice, and be a key member of a dynamic team should apply in confidence with a cover letter and resume through our website at firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted